A Wine-Themed Wedding Shower!
My good friend Leeanne is getting married, and to celebrate, we’re of course throwing her a bridal shower!
We decided we’d make the favors (shown below) ourselves, so we made wine charms using clear beads, purple beads, green beads and pearls. We made over 200 charms (to give to guests in sets of four), and I’m finally ready and very excited to show you them!
Here is a set I sent to fellow blogger Sharleen over at Shartreuse (both her and Denise are always so inspiring to me, so I sent them each a set). She took a picture of the charms, and the card I sent her (card designed by Denise, owner of Bellis Studios). Thanks for the picture, Sharleen!
While it’s not decided yet whether or not we’ll stick with the wine theme the whole way through when decorating, I decided to put together this wine-themed inspiration board to present as an idea.
I’ve been collecting wine corks for years now, and love using them at home to decorate vases and candle gardens with. You’ve seen the wine-cork place card holders, and now here are some more ways to use those corks!
Hosing a wine-themed shower or party? Here are some other ideas:
1. Serve a sangria punch, or a regular punch in purple or light green (grape colors).
2. Decorate with bowls of green and purple grapes, along with flowers in similar colors.
3. Use empty wine bottles as vases to put flowers into, maybe tie with ribbon around the neck, or get really crafty and paint the bottle vases!
4. Offer a wine-tasting experience (If you’re doing this, make sure you set up several different tasting booths to make sure guest traffic flows easily…you don’t want 50 guests all crowded at one table!).
5. Give wine charms (shown), wine glasses, or wine as favors or as prizes for games.
6. Serve different cheese & cracker trays, along with dark chocolate for the red wine lovers!
7. For a shower, ask each guest (or maybe just each bridesmaid) to bring a their favorite bottle of wine to start the couples’ wine collection.
8. Personalize wine labels, wine tags and wine-tasting mats for FREE at www.myweddingmywine.com! This would be such a cute gift idea, to give to the couple with their very own names on a bottle of wine to enjoy!
9. Always make sure to have plenty of wine glasses available for guests to use, perhaps decorate them by dropping a flower or petal in each.
10. Set the music to some good old Italian tunes, and enjoy! Maybe a little Frank Sinatra? Hmm?