Tonight. EARTH HOUR. Join us by turning off your lights for one hour, starting at 8pm.
UPDATE: The official “Earth Hour” may be over until next year, but who says you only have to do it one day? Why not try turning your lights off more often. If they’re not in use, make it a habit to turn a light off when you leave the room. Can’t hurt you, the earth, or your electricity bill! 🙂 Win-win. Now do it.
Join millions tonight in the effort to bring attention to and make a statement about climate change! Learn more about it at: www.earthhourus.org, and spread the word!
What will you do in the dark for one hour? While I’m still deciding on this one, here are a few ideas I’ve come up with:
1. Have dinner ready before hand, and eat dinner by candlelight.
2. Set up the candles and create a spa-like feel for a long, luxurious bath.
3. Light the candles and light the spark between you and your honey!
4. The obvious – take a nap!
5. Pray or meditate. Take time to think. Unwind & chill, get rid of that stress.
6. Have friends over for cocktails by candlelight, along with good conversation!
7. Get your tiki torches out and have a party outside!
8. Grab your cell & catch up over the phone with an old friend.
9. Play a board game by candlelight.
10. Live near a participating city? Get out, walk around, and take pictures of this awesome event of businesses & homes turning off their lights.